Thursday, May 31, 2007

Migrating from Wireless-G to 10-Base-T



For almost a week now, I've been working with my wife on a total conversion for our apartment. Since we spend most of our day in the computer room, we decided to try swapping it with the larger room that used to be our bedroom. It's been hard work moving furniture and reorganizing, but I think it will be worth it. Finally, I have the elements of a real office: printer, filing cabinet, and a mini-fridge stocked with red bull. I never got Ubuntu to connect to my WPA2 network (my best hypothesis is that I'm using the wrong driver for my specific chipset, though I had no luck with ndiswrapper either). With the new set up, I can connect to my wired LAN.

1 comment:

Gail Carmichael said...

Does that mean the wifey is a computer geek too? :)